Never Miss a Blog Post - Follow by Email!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

REVIEW: Sappho Cosmetics

Hey Ladies & Gents!

As you all know, I'm always looking for new products to try and looking to learn more about formulations of products. Most importantly, I want to make sure that I know what I'm putting on my face. I was stumbling through the internet when I found a company called Sappho Cosmetics. Sappho Cosmetics a new green, eco-conscious, and organic makeup based line. Their products are free of synthetic chemicals and are infused with antioxidants and certain beneficial oils such as jojoba oil and frankincense. Oh, and let's not forget one important thing..their packaging is all recyclable! How cool is that?

Now on to the review...I was sent two loose eyeshadows, one shimmer and one matte. Love Lavender is a deep purple/lavender while Brilliance is a sheer ivory color which is perfect as a highlighter! They also sent me a liquid mineral foundation in Creme Caramel. Creme Caramel was a bit too light for me but I made it work! Here are a few pictures of the product (boxed and unboxed):

Love Lavender MatterEyeshadow (top) & Brilliance Shimmer Eyeshadow (bottom); Liquid Mineral Foundation in Creme Caramel

All products in boxes. The packaging is recyclable!
The shadows are a bit pricey and retail for about $25, and the eyeshadow is also on the high end side. The liquid mineral foundation retails for about $45. You all know that I'm a bargain shopper and normally don't buy high end products but I was delighted that I got to review these products because I can tell that they were carefully crafted. The foundation is preserved with organic oils and is filled with antioxidants. It also has a strong frankincense scent to it. The foundation felt very good to the face and would be perfect to use if one had sensitive skin. It is also very light and has buildable coverage. The only thing I wish it had was a pump for the price! The Love Lavender eyeshadow was sooo pretty but I had to built up color to get the intense look that I like. The Brilliance eyeshadow was the perfect highlighter and helped me blend everything in.

You can view my YouTube video where I give an in-depth review on all of the products. The link can be found here: REVIEW: Sappho Cosmetics

Here are a few pictures of me wearing Sappho Cosmetics...Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog post! I truly appreciate it. All comments are welcomed and I always respond promptly. I love to hear your feedback and thoughts, so please leave them! :-)