Never Miss a Blog Post - Follow by Email!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Review - NYC Liquid Lipshine:::Nude York City


Hello Divas & Gents!

Today we are taking a look at the new NYC Liquid Lipshine! This lovely lipgloss was also included in my Holiday VoxBox, and I am loving it so far. The color I received is a nice glossy nude appropriately called "Nude York City".
Lipgloss Design - Nice Slender Tube


Background
I've always loved NYC's nail polishes and lipsticks and think that the brand offers quality and very affordable cosmetics. They are known for having "bargain cosmetics for the fashion-forward girl". The brand has "Uptown Style, Down to Earth Prices" and offers products from eyes to lips to nails and even face.

Influenster describes the New York Color Liquid Lipshine as:
"Straight from the city that never sleeps, New York Color's Liquid Lipshine is uptown style at a down-to-earth price.  With pure pigments that create a 3-D gloss effect and vitamin E that provides shine and moisture, this product is perfect to keep lips looking and feeling fabulous this season.  Comes in 10 shades from neutral nude, to berries & fuchsias."

The Verdict
The New York Color Liquid LipShine in "Nude York City" comes in a sleek tube with a black top and true to color bottom. It also has the NYC logo features on the tube along with "NYC Liquid Lipshine" written in silver text.
Silver Text with Various Fonts and NYC Logo

The applicator is a straight and flat yet flexible sponge tip applicator, which is a bit different from the traditional doe foot applicator. It actually applies the color evenly and is very easy to work with!
Applicator Design

This gloss is the perfect nude because this shade is perfect for all skintones. It sparkles and makes the lips look so pouty and pretty! It looks great on bare lips and can also be used to tone a lipcolor up or down. It is so moisturizing and has a 3D shimmer to it. It feels great on the lips and is perfect for the holidays! Not only that but it seems to be the perfect consistency -- not too glossy and not too sticky!
Name of Color is also conveniently on tube; You can see the 3D shimmer in the swatch, and is a perfect consistency.
Nude York City is quite a treat! It even smells delicious. It has somewhat of a vanilla, cupcake, marshmellow type scent. Lastly, it only retails for $2.49 in your local retail and drugstore!

This is overall a great gloss, and I'm happy that I got a chance to try it through Infuenster's VoxBox Program. I definitely plan on buying more! I have my eye on Fashion Avenue Fuschia!

You can learn more about this product on the New York Color Website (http://www.newyorkcolor.com)

Have you tried this gloss? If so, what do you think about it?

Disclaimer: I received this complimentary item as part of the Influenster VoxBox program.

1 comment:

  1. Yes ma'am I have tried it and I'm going to see what other colors they have. Not that I need any more lipglosses but you can't beat a great find at such a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog post! I truly appreciate it. All comments are welcomed and I always respond promptly. I love to hear your feedback and thoughts, so please leave them! :-)