Never Miss a Blog Post - Follow by Email!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Swatch It! Kat Von D True Romance Angeles Eyeshadow Palette


Hello Divas!

I recently picked up this Kat Von D Palette and featured it in my most recent Sephora haul on my YouTube channel. I was really happy to receive it because I had been eyeing the Kat Von D Palettes for a very long time. All of her packaging is just so darling, detailed, artsy, and I love it! Not only that but she has so many variations of her True Romance eyeshadow collection and I plan on getting them all one day. This particular palette has much lighter shades when compared to her usual dark and smokey palettes. There are a few blog posts on swatches of this palette online, but some of my YouTube subscribers had requested some swatches. I'm glad they did because this would help a woman of my skintone or deeper see how the colors may look on their skin. I will also be doing a couple of looks with this palette (in the near future) so that you can get a better idea of some looks you can create!

Packaging:
This palette's packaging surely represents Kat Von D's artistic side! The outer packaging of the palette is a white envelope type of box with gold cross embellishments.
White Envelope Style Box with Gold Cross Embellishments
The back of the box lists the eyeshadow colors/names in correspondence to their location. I wish the illustration on the back was in color in order of each eyeshadow so that I could easily refer to the back when looking for names of each shadow but I appreciate them being there. It also features a quote along with the name of the palette.

On the inside of the envelope style box is a blue lining and the actual palette is "wrapped" in dark gray tissue paper and sealed with a very nice Kat Von D sticker. I was so excited that I virtually tore into it. 
Inside of white envelope style box...soo neat!

I was so excited that I had already started to dig in!
The Kat Von D True Romance Angeles Palette itself is white with black cross and tattoo type embellishments. It also features the Kat Von D logo in turquoise and the palette has a very secure snap clasp which makes it perfect to travel with! It also features a full size mirror which I thought was very neat along with two dual end applicators. Since this palette is white, you have to really be careful when handling the palette so that it doesn't stain. 
White Palette with Black Cross and Tattoo Type Embellishments
Now let's look inside! 

Swatches:
The palette is divided up into 8 shades - 4 neutral/warm colors and then 4 cool colors. Within these shades are 6 shimmery shades, 1 matte shade, and 1 cream eyeshadow. The combination of both warm and cool colors are what attracted me to this palette. Usually, I am always a fan of a matte dark brown but this particular brown was very pretty but didn't swatch as easily as the shimmer shadows. The first shade in bronze is beyond gorgeous. 

L to R: Venus: Shimmery Bronze, Leather: Dark Matte Chocolate Brown, Specimen: Medium Pearl Taupe Brown , Rehab: A Pearly Beige/Champagne; Peggy: Pearl Turquoise, Bukowski: Pearl Aqua, Bellbottom: Pearl Slate Blue, Morphine: Cream Iridescent White



Neutral/Bronze/Gold Shades:
Venus is such a highly pigmented and gorgeous bronze and I can't wait to play with it! Leather has average pigmentation but doesn't swatch nearly as much as the shimmery shades. This shade will probably be good if used as a crease color or even a contour shade. It's definitely an all-purpose dark brown and that's what I like about it. Specimen also had good pigmentation. Rehab also had very good pigmentation and is very smooth. 
Venus, Leather, Specimen, Rehab


Cool/Teal/Blue Shades: Peggy is so beautiful! I absolutely love this color. It is a turquoise type green with flecks of yellow shimmer. When I first swatched it, I was in awe. The picture doesn't do it any justice!!! Bukowski is also another one of my favorites in this palette. This particular color has more of a blue base to it and has excellent pigmentation -- would be perfect for a peacock inspired look. Bellbottom is such a unique color and I don't believe I own anything like it in my collection but didn't seem to swatch all that way on my skin. It reminds me of a cornflower type of color. Morphine is an interesting cream shadow shade and would be very nice when used as a base for any of the blues, aquas and teal colors in this palette. It is sheer white with iridescent glitter when blended out. 
Peggy, Bukowski, Bellbottom, Morphine

I also have live footage of the swatches live along with the vibrancy of the colors in the palette live. Let me know if you want me to add it to this blog post.

Overall: 
I think this palette is mostly worth it for its current price point. It is on sale for $15 which is more than half of of it's originally price of $34! I am very impressed with 5 or 6 out of the 8 shades and I particularly like how one could use this palette to transition from fall/winter to spring/summer. I am always looking for palettes that have multiple functions and the fact that there is a mixture of finishes also does the trick! 

Do you own this palette? What do you think of it?




2 comments:

  1. I don't own this palette but I must say I like the color selection. I'm really fond of the brown cream and Morphine which looks like a great accent, highlight or inner tear duct color. Thanks for sharing sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really love the selection of colors in this palette. I used the dark matte brown today and i loved it! I think it will be my new crease and contour color :) I haven't used Morphine yet, but that should be fun to play with. Thanks for reading sis.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog post! I truly appreciate it. All comments are welcomed and I always respond promptly. I love to hear your feedback and thoughts, so please leave them! :-)