Never Miss a Blog Post - Follow by Email!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Verdict Is In | Gillette Venus & Olay Razor

Hey Divas & Gents,

I'm back with my last and final review from my Influenster Love VoxBox! Thank you so much for sticking around and hearing my take on all of these products :-)

Photo from http://www.gillettevenus.com with  their money back pledge!

Initial Thoughts
I saved this review for last because I wanted to really get a good use out of it. In fact, the moisture bars that are included on this razor are all gone. I've been using it that much! In the last box (Holiday VoxBox), I tested out the Gillette Venus ProSkin MoistureRich and I really loved it but this one has got it beat. This Gillette Venus & Olay Razor lets you have your cake and eat it too! It includes Olay moisture bars which lock in moisture while Venus' five blades allow a closer and more accurate shave.

The Razor & My Experience
Because I hate nicks and cuts, I always use shaving cream no matter which razor I am using.  This razor, however, includes moisture bars which provide a sudsy lather, which means that one may not need a shaving gel/cream. This is definitely a perk for days when you run out or are traveling and forget your shaving cream! Another pro is that the moisturizing bar prevents your legs from being dry and stripped of moisture by releasing skin conditioners. Who doesn't love smooth legs?

As far as the shave, the five blades allow for a close shave and seemed to significantly cut back on my shaving time. It also includes a shower hook and ergonomically friendly handle which are perfect since I use the razor in the shower. Lastly, this razor is refillable which means that you can purchase cartridges to replace the old ones! Overall, I'm loving it and will be buying more refills soon!

You can find this razor at your local drugstore and discount retailer for $8.99 - $10.99. Visit www.gillettevenus.com for more information about this razor!

Have you tried out this razor? If not, what is your current favorite razor? 

Disclosure: This product was sent as part of Influenster's VoxBox program (www.influenster.com). These are my honest opinions!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you know I've tried this razor and although it was a nice one it didn't meet upto my standards where razors are concerned. The moisture bars made the experience seem more messy than it would have been w/ shaving cream or soap. I also didn't like that I couldn't get a close shave. There is one thing that I did like and that was the swivle head which I believe it's one thing all razors should adopt because that area has dips and curves.

    Thanks so much for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that I'm starting to hate is the fact that the moisture bars get finished so quickly! I like the extra protection it provides when using it with shaving cream. The swivel head is definitely a plus!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog post! I truly appreciate it. All comments are welcomed and I always respond promptly. I love to hear your feedback and thoughts, so please leave them! :-)